Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 34- Almost there

This week, Oswald is 34weeks old. He weighs about 2.6-3kg (a big baby) and estimated to be 50cm. He should be due in about 6weeks time. I hope he can come a little faster though (maybe in another 3 weeks?)

Watching some video on natural birth can be scary... The excruciating pain the women experience, some shouting and groaning.. I wonder how I would look like.

Within all my means, I hope that I can have a natural birth without having to have epidural. God has design us (or curse us?) to be able to suffer the pain of labor. Since God has designed me this way, then I should be able to do so without the pain relief medication.

Pray that God will give me all the self-control I need to apply the breathing techniques I have learned. Pray also for God to guide Oswald gently but swiftly down the birth canal. N for God to relieve my pain during birth. Pray for Paul to have wisdom to know what to do to handle the labor. Calm our anxiety and experience his peace all throughout labor and birth.

Its a new experience and not sure how I am going to handle it. But no point dwelling too much over it because since its unavoidable, so I think I will just have to go through it.

Oswald, together with God (protecting us), your dad and your mum, we can make it! Love to see you soon!

No comments: