Friday, September 17, 2010

Into Week 12..

How's baby growing?


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes.
- Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close,
- his toes will curl,
- his eye muscles will clench,
- and his mouth will make sucking movements.
- if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it.
- His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now,
- and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
(If he/she excrete urine into his bladder, how does it get pass out from his/her body? Hmm, or does it get pass out through my body?)

- Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly,
- and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously.
- His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be.
- your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

How I feel right now?
Unquestionably feeling better as the nausea wave lessen in intensity. Still get breathlessness easily. A drop in stamina because I have not been able to jog for the longest time. Even though I am compensating it through walking, it seems that it does not improve stamina. A lower tolerance towards hot weather and gives me headache easily. Constantly hungry and so always eating.

But overall, I am getting better and more energetic. I can cope with sweeping and mopping half of the house at one go. Sleepiness is still part of the deal. I can sleep for the longest time, if not for the fact that I feel hungry, I would not have wake up. In sleepy moments at night, I feel the best because there is no nausea wave, no breathlessness, no hot weather.. Looking forward to the bed tonight..

No comments: