Saturday, June 19, 2010

NZ Day4

NZ- Day 4

Franz Josepf Glacier

I think this is Day3 or 4. Cant really remember. But i know it was an awesome day!

We opted for the heli-hike, where we can take a helicopter up the glacier and another 3 hours hike on the glacier itself.

We wondered if we shd spent the money but decided that if we dont do it now, we will never get another chance again. And so heli we did!


It was bit scary at first cos its really loud, but after awhile, got use to the big headphone tt helps us to listen to the pilot's command.


The view on the high places are really nice. "God has all the snow in His storehouse."


When we reach the glacier, we have to be helped with our shoes first. The guide was helping me to put the spikes on my boots so I dont slipped on the ice and fall.

See how blue and white the glacier is..


We were encouraged to try the water that flows through the glacier. Other than icy cold, I think its just really clean without the pollution of the earth.

The boots is rather heavy and after 3 hours of walk on ice, I burn my butt with ice, became a little tanner with the high UV exposure, experienced another side of God's creation, fell in love with this part of NZ.



N of course to end the day with a big meal at Fox Glacier Inn resturant. =)




No comments: