Thursday, June 3, 2010

Empathy.

To empathise means to leave the our own shoes for the moment and step into the world of another. It involves leaving my world, values, culture, thoughts and suspend our judgement for that moment of empathy. It definitely involves my feelings. (Modified from John Powell, not my wisdom)

But she told me I cannot feel what my clients feel. I am only to identify, and understand but not to feel along. How on earth am I suppose to do that? I am not convinced by what she say anyway, and much less to carry out what she say.

Its hard to communicate what to non-SW about SW. Our proj was a platform to demonstrate the love of God to the community and I find her becoming more and more financial base. She question my fundamental belief about how I see my r/s with my client, I didnt have the answer. Now I kn0w- Outreach to demonstrate God's love. If outreach, then I will be all things to all man as Paul say. But in what context to be what to man?

No comments: